Sunday, May 25, 2008

"Our Little Rosebud"

The title of this post is a tough one for me, as this is what I pictured myself calling our sweet little Rose. Today, Memorial Day it's hard to even imagine we lost our child. It's definitely something I never pictured myself going through, and now here we are remembering our precious baby and the short time she was with us.

The reality of losing Rose has really been hitting me hard lately. I really miss her a lot and find myself dealing with a lot of guilt. I feel really guilty if I ever feel a little overwhelmed with the kid's because I would do anything just to be a little busier with 6 kids.

Had I known we were going to lose our precious baby I think I would of done my best to get past the pain, and get down to see our little girl. Instead I was laying in a hospital bed, doped up on pain killers recovering from a c-section. I wish I could remember my time with her more, but again the pain med's. I wish I could hold her just once more but I only got that chance once as our little girl left my arms, and went into the arms of Jesus.

This is what I take my comfort in. Rose's little eyes were still fused when she was born, and when she opened them for the first time she looked into the eyes of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!!!!


So if you get a chance today please pray for me and my family as we remember Rose not only today but everyday. Please pray that we will feel God's peace on our lives as we continue to adjust to our loss.

We love you all,
Tami

1 comment:

the VanKoevering's said...

Sending a big hug your way. I'm hear for you if you need a shoulder, or just a listening ear.

I'll be praying!

Lot of love, Shann